Looking for ideas to do with your toddler? Read on for this fun activity from Toddletown Day Nursery in Farncombe. Opening SOON!
I usually try to keep the activities to easy things you can do with what you already have at home, I am breaking the rules a little bit here but this activity can be so fun and bizarrely have a rather calming effect on adults too, so I thought I'd pop it up for those who would like to try. I
f you don’t already have water beads at home, you will need to purchase them first. Non-toxic orbs are easy to find online in all different colours. You can set up different scenarios for your little one, so it is different every time. For this example, I’ve gone for a frog pond but you can let your imagination (and your child's!) go wild!
What you will need
Green felt/ card
Tuff tray or large container
1. Following the instructions on your water beads packet, mix water in with your desired number of beads and leave to grow. I tend to do this the night before. Do remember, these beads grow a lot with the water so do be careful not to get carried away with how many you use. They can also end up everywhere, depending on how enthusiastically your little one plays, so that’s probably another good reason not to use too many.
2. Cut lily pad shapes out of your green felt/ Card.
3. Pour your now grown orbs into your tuff tray/container. Be very careful with this step as the orbs are much bouncier than expected.
4. Place your lilly pads on top of the orbs around the tuff tray.
5. Pop your frogs on the lily pads and around your pond.
Let you little one enjoy exploring...and extend the activity in so many ways:
Do supervise children at all times with the water beads. Although they are non-toxic you still don’t want your little ones eating them.
Looking for ideas to do with your toddler? Read more here for fun activities from Toddletown Day Nursery in Farncombe. Opening SOON!
Posted on 6th September 2019