Toddletown Godalming Balloon Painting
Welcome to Toddletown Godalming. We usually put up activity ideas that are pretty much mess free, but we couldn't resist sharing this one with you! Get outside in the sunshine and enjoy this wonderful arty activity...
Now, we think this activity is for the slighlty braver parent, as it will mean allowing your child to us a sharp object and there will be mess!! But we do love this activity and the fact it leaves you with a beautiful piece of unique art for your home.
What you will need:
- A canvas/ very thick construction paper
- Roughly 5 balloons but this is down to you and how many colours you would like to use
- Non-toxic Paint
- Balloon pump
- A sharp object to pop the balloons i.e. screwdriver, skewer etc.
- Old newspaper/ something to cover the floor
- Blu tack
- Choose your paint colours and squirt a generous amount into each of your balloons. Then use your pump to blow them up and tie them.
- Set an area up outside as this is going to get very messy. Put down your newspaper/ floor cover. Use the paper to cover any area you don’t want paint to touch. Be sure to wear old clothes and painting aprons if you have them.
- Place your canvas in the middle of your covered area and place the balloons on your canvas however you like. You may now want to blu tack them down to your canvas, so they don’t try to escape when popping.
- Using your sharp instrument, pop away and watch the art piece unfold!
Why not have the children help decide what would be a good popping instrument and maybe try out different ones to see which pops the best!
An adult should always supervise when a sharp object is present.
There will be plenty of messy place at Toddletown in Godalming so if you don't fancy trying this at home, you can of course leave it to us!
Posted on 11th July 2019
Return to the previous page