Make your own flower
We all love a homemade flower! This one is super simple and great fun to do together...
What you will need
- A piece of A4 colourful Paper
- Lollypop stick/ straw
- Pom pom or a very small picture of your little one
- Fold your A4 paper in half so it's now the size of an A5 piece of paper. Open it and cut it down the fold you've just made.
- Placing those two pieces of paper on top of each other, cut strips roughly the width of a cm along the narrower side of the paper.
- Take the first strip and put some glue on the end. Now pull it back on itself so you glue the two ends together, making the shape of a raindrop.
- Repeat step 3 until you have glued all of the strips into the same shape.
- Take a raindrop and put a little glue on the end you have just joined. Now take another raindrop and stick them together. Make sure to place it so it is angled slightly out from the first one.
- Repeat step 5 until you are left with something that resembles a stemless flower.
- Once the glue has dried on your flower, turn it over and place a little glue in the centre and attach the lollipop stick. Secure it there with a little bit of sellotape.
- On the front of your flower, pop a little glue in the middle and press on your pom pom or picture, your flower is now complete.
Ways to extend the learning...
- What shapes can your toddler find on the flower?
- Are the petals bigger or smaller than the stem?
- What colours have you used?
- How many other things that are yellow can we find in this room?
- Shall we go an explore what real flowers feel and smell like?
Posted on 15th April 2019
Return to the previous page