Blossom Tree Activity
We thought we would stick with the spring theme for some fun home activities this week. As before we hope you can do these with items you have around the house, if not please feel free to improvise with things you do have. Fun crafts and activities at home don't need to be expensive, they just need to be fun.
This one is really simple but fun and should be easy for those smaller hands.
What you need·
- 1 toilet roll card
- A piece of thick green paper (if you don't have green you can add in a step to either paint or colour it green)
- Tissue paper for extra fun ( can use paint for this if you don't have any)
- Cut two slits a quarter of the way down the toilet roll on both sides.
- Paint the toilet roll brown
- Take your piece of paper and draw a bushy part of a tree, then cut this shape out.
- Tear off small pieces of your tissue paper and scrunch them into messy balls.
- Glue your messy balls on to your cut out shape.
- Once your toilet roll has dried slot your green piece of card with its newly attached scrunched balls into the two slots you made earlier.
You now have yourself a beautiful, colourful blossom tree.
Ways to extend the learning...
The effect is super simple, but allows for so many learning opportunties!
- Can your little one count the flowers?
- Are there more pink or more yellow ones?
- How does the tissue paper feel?
- Let's go and explore the trees outside and see what the real ones feel and smell like...
Posted on 15th April 2019
Return to the previous page